Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gypsy Clean and Georgia Thunder

  The last two days have been spent cleaning the mobile home that is now ours.
  For the past few weeks, my mom and sister have been watching a reality show called Gypsy Sisters, which follows the lives of four Romnichael Gypsy sisters. And since they have been watching the show, they have fallen in love with the way they clean. One one episode they said "Clean everything with bleach, and what you can't, clean with vinegar." My mom and sister have dubbed it 'Gypsy Cleaning.' And so, when we started gathering our supplies yesterday before we left, my sister said that it was time to 'Gypsy Clean.'

  With broom and bleach in hand, we started the process of cleaning the trailer. It was nasty. There was dead ants in the window sills, mold in the freezer, and unidentified bug eggs in the fridge. The worst part is, the guy said he had 'scrubbed it all week'. Growing up the way I did when I was younger, I know what scrubbing looks like, and it didn't look like he did anything in the trailer.
  But, we persevered. We did all we could yesterday, then came back today to do just as much. We found some more things wrong with it, maintenance wise, and wrote down a list. Things like floor boards that are caving in, wasp nests above the stove - did I mention it was INSIDE the trailer? - and walls that were bowing inwards. After working for about five and a half hours, we left and came back to my Grandparents.
  Around three this afternoon, we heard the Tornado warnings. The mobile home has a tin roof on it, and as we ate, we got our first look - or would it be hear? - of what a thunder storm sounds like in our new house. It was so loud! Once, I was on the step ladder cleaning the shelves in the cabinets, and I almost fell off the ladder because the thunder shook the floor. It was a neat, and slightly scary, experience.

  Now, my hands smell like bleach, and I am in desperate need of a shower. But, its all worth it if it makes the mobile home feel like a real home.

No comments:

Post a Comment