Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The All Hours Post

  Every blog has one.
  That infamous post that the blogger writes during all hours of the late night into early morning. For me, it's 2:30 in the morning. Mom, Jess, and Brit are asleep in the same room as I am, fast asleep. It is so hot in here, I am sweating with the ceiling fan and the circulating fan on as high as they can go.
  I have learned that, as a homeschooling high schooler, the best thing to do when you can't sleep other than read your bible is catch up or get ahead on schoolwork. So, I caught up on my reading (currently reading the first book in the Left Behind series), read thirteen chapters in the Book of Matthew, and did two units worth of book work for my French 1 class. When I am finished writing this quick little note, I am going to be working on my Honors Algebra 1 class, which I am sure that God gave me (I chose it, but I'll never confess!) to test my patience.
  At first, the class was pretty easy and I was able to fly through it quickly. Then, I realized it everything I had done was just the 'review' portion of the class. Now that I am getting into the actual Algebra part of the work, it is harder than I thought it would be. Now, math has never been my best subject, nor has it ever been my favorite. I was almost in tears this afternoon as I was trying to figure out the equations, because I was so confused. It's times like those I thank the Lord I have a kind-spirited Momma who was able to calm me down and remind me that I was taking an HONORS course, which is going to be harder than regular Algebra. She sat down with me for almost three hours to help me with my math, going over it with me and making sure I understood it. She said that she didn't even learn how to do half the problems I had to do! She only had to take Pre-Algebra in High School, where as in Georgia you have to take four full years.
  I think I finally realize how my Mom feels when she says she hates Insomnia. I don't get like this often, but I don't think I could do this every night like she does! And, she manages to keep a smile on her face even though she's only had around 2-4 hours of sleep! Talk about Super Mom! I made this a little longer than I thought. I'm going to bid you all a goodnight - or would it be good morning? - before I get distracted and don't end up getting any of my Algebra done. Please pray for me, for I know that more than once I will want to chuck the laptop at a brick wall until it shatters into a million pieces.

1 comment:

  1. Sending you prayers for Algebra clarity!!! My daughter had it last year. Honors also. She made and so will you! Much love!! :)

    ReplyDelete